25 July 2009

New Final Cut Studio 3!

Apple has released the latest version of Apple Final Cut Studio, including Final Cut Pro 7. Some major enhancements have been made that drive the FCP product towards tapeless (P2, XDCAM, AVCHD, RED) workflows. It's very obvious that this is where Apple will be investing the future of their product.

Among the many new features is (finally!) a free floating time code window. Yet, we have no been given a "print bin" or "bin view settings" options yet. Hmm maybe next time!

I know I will not be the first person to run out and upgrade, particurally due to the heavy system requirements that renders both my PowerPC G5 and Intel MacBook Pro (2.0) begging for upgrades I can't afford! Personally, I was reluctant to go to FCP 6, but after a while the industry demanded that I offer more tapeless support. Let's hope that Apple won't forget about us PowerPC users and keep updating FCP 6 for at least a little while longer!

Well, at least it has a nice shiney new packaging: www.apple.com/finalcutstudio

No comments: